Do you need to replace your roof after one too many storms and other weather damage?
There are several ways to address roof damages with various material choices. One of the most popular roof replacement options is asphalt (shingles). Asphalt materials have come a long way in recent decades, to where roughly 75% of Americans have shingles protecting their home.
Here are just a few reasons to consider asphalt roofing through Simpson Construction & Roofing when you’re ready for a replacement.
Premium Asphalt Shingle Options
Three-tab shingles systems are probably the most popular. Like other shingle options, these are cost-effective and don’t require tons of homeowner upkeep. The reason we call them “three-tab” is because that’s how we cut them to create a three-piece effect that adds lots of nice curb appeal.
Here we have a synthetic material that coordinates well with other durable exterior materials (like fiber cement siding). These shingles are a mixture of fiberglass, asphalt, and ceramic granules. They hold up very well, have plenty of UV protection, and are easy to replace if one or two come loose.
Architectural shingles are the best option for waterproof protection because they’re laminated and bonded together with durable asphalt sealant. Florida homeowners enjoy these for their protective qualities, and they come in many aesthetic styles, textures, and colors.
This is a more premium, organic, and expensive shingle system. Mat-based shingles utilize recycled felt paper for outstanding reinforcement.
Benefits of Asphalt Roofing for Your Home in Highlands County
Why should you consider asphalt roofing materials for your home?
- Shingles come from many respected manufacturers, including GAF, Owens Corning, and CertainTeed.
- You can significantly improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- There are lots of versatile layouts and color schemes.
- Quality shingles, installed properly, can last a long time (up to 30 years) and endure winds as high as 130 mph.
- You can select shingle brands with a class-A rating for fire resistance.
- Just like installing better windows, a new asphalt roof can insulate your home from outside noise.
- They can even help you with better algae/mold resistance.
If you want to realize these asphalt roofing benefits, then you need a reliable home exterior contractor, like Simpson Construction & Roofing. You can count on us for expert workmanship whenever you select our services for roofing, siding, windows, and more. Our guys arrive on time, never cut corners, and we always honor warranty agreements.
Call us to learn more about asphalt roofing at 863-658-4869.
Contact us for your free estimate on your next roofing, siding, gutters and restoration in Central & Southern, Florida area.